Saturday, August 3, 2013

#24in48

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm doing a readathon this weekend with a bunch of bloggy friends across the Eastern Seaboard. The 24 in 48 Readathon is the brainchild of Rachel at A Home Between the Pages. She's done a few previous ones, over weekends on which I was uncharacteristically socializing. This one coincides with a weekend that I have no plans and am hungry for a reading binge, so I'm officially joining the fun.

I think both Rachel and our pal Kerry from Entomology of a Bookworm are cool enough to have Tumblrs for live updates during the readathon. I still haven't quite clicked with Tumblr, despite a few earnest experiments, so I'm settling for updating this post throughout the weekend. But if you're Tumblry, spy on Kerry here and Rachel here.


Saturday 10:30ish am - I was rudely awakened by my internal clock at 6:45 am, so I have already managed to read one whole book and clock 2 hours and fifteen minutes of reading time. If you do the math, you may deduce that I also cooked and ate cheesy eggs and toast and took an accidental 1-hour nap, awakening again at 9:45 to find Bethany mopping the kitchen. Our college selves would be so ashamed.


Saturday 2:30ish pm - Finished a second book and dipped into a third. Ben Winters' books proved to be a great kickstart to the readathon! (Plus one of them earns me more points in the Semi-Charmed Life Challenge.) Now I'm on to &Sons, which I'm already very in love with. I took a break for a grocery store run. All the essentials like grapes and chips and diet Coke. Onward!

Just the Stats, Ma'am: 

BooksFinished 
The Last Policeman by Ben Winters
Countdown City by Ben Winters
TimeReading
4 hours

PagesRead
336 + 316 + 52 = 704

1 comment:

Shannon @ River City Reading said...

I'm taking part in the readalong, too and I'm surprised by how much I've gotten through already. I really loved The Last Policeman when I read it last year. I actually just finished the second book in the trilogy and it's just as good!

My Photo
Original Works Not to be copied, reproduced or otherwise used without the express permission of the author. sharon.pelletier@gmail.com

StatCounter